The Cromford® Report provides detailed information to track the history and current status of the Greater Phoenix residential resale market and offers unique insight into its future direction.
Updated daily and usually published online within a few hours, this site is intended for anyone interested in the state of the market and how it affects their investments and livelihood. Our goal is to present data that is timely, informative and easy to understand - data not available anywhere else in this level of detail or immediacy.
|Snapshot||City Ranking||Dashboard||Daily Observations||News & Commentary||Infographic||Cromford Index|
- May 6 - We have added an Annual Appreciation by ZIP Code chart to the site. This uses the annual average price per square foot.
- May 4 - We have modified the appreciation charts for cities to make them more useful. Until now we have compared the most recent monthly average price per square foot with the same measurement one year earlier. The problem is that the monthly average is too volatile, especially for smaller market segments. From now on we will be using the annual average price per square foot instead. This is a much less volatile measurement and results in charts that are far easier to interpret. Good examples are the appreciation by city charts.
- January 3 - The price range snapshots have been converted from Flash to an image slide show. You can find them here. Use the arrow control buttons at the top to select the ones you want to study. They are also available as individual images designed for printing or saving
- January 2 - We are gradually eliminating the use of Adobe Flash from most of this site over the next 12 months. This is because several browsers now offer limited or no support for Flash. Tableau charts do not use Flash and will be unaffected. Flash charts that contain non-interactive presentations of data will be the first to be replaced. These will become static images in GIF form. This has several advantages for the users:
- it is much easier to print and or email images from the screen using a right click or the standard functions of your mobile platform.
- the image size can be more easily adjusted to suit smaller displays.
- charts can be displayed on mobile devices, which rarely offer Flash support, with examples including iPad, iPhone, Android tablets & phones, Windows tablets & phones and the console of a Tesla.
Left to right:
- Asel Kalykova, Tina Tamboer, Mike Orr, Sophie Orr
The content of the Cromford® Report is provided on a subscription basis to ARMLS subscribers. To access it for the first time you need to sign-up and obtain a user ID and password.
ARMLS Subscription - if you are already an active subscriber to the Arizona Regional Multiple Listing Service
Please click on the underlined link above to sign-up.
If you are already signed-up you may select any part of this site from the menu at the left and then enter your user ID and password when prompted. You can also manage your account, log-in or log-out from the Subscriptions tab on the left.
If you ever have difficulty logging in, please try the Subscriptions -> Log-In menu item at the top left.
|Annual Growth in Pending Listings||-42.9%||record low||1/18/14|
These are based on the current millennium (2001 onwards). The figures shown are for the entire ARMLS area and all dwelling types are included. For-sale-by-owner, auctions and other non-MLS transactions are not included. For more detailed information on record highs and lows please see the Extremes section.
The Cromford® Report is designed to help you answer your questions about the Greater Phoenix residential real estate market. For example:
- How does today's market compare with the same time last year?
- Which price range is selling fastest over the last month?
- In which city are REO buyers most active right now?
- Which is the cheapest area to buy a resale home?
- How long is it taking to sell a home in my ZIP code?
- What is the balance of supply and demand for resale homes in my city?
- What proportion of homes for sale are short sales or pre-foreclosures?
- Where are prices changing fastest?
- What percentage of listings are finding a buyer before they are canceled or expire?
- Are today's list prices realistic compared with achieved sales prices?
You can find tools to help you answer all the above questions, and many more, within the Cromford® Report web-site.